Thursday, March 9

Girls Gone Wild

Women have been dominating my music scene.

Things I suggest you do:

1) Buy the Etta James' song called "All I Could Do Was Cry." I suggest the version from the album called "Etta James Rocks the House." Dam that gal can sing. Yup, you can get it on itunes.
2) Buy "Call on Me" on Big Brother and Holding Company's self titled album. Could be my favorite Janis Joplin song.
3) Download this album. Sexy singing gals make me swoon. So do sexy singing boys.
4) Listen to the new Neko album. Some great tracks on there. Not a super big change in sound from Blacklisted, but you have to love "The Band" connection. Garth Hudson adds a lot of goodness to that record. Neko, I will swoon over you on April 6th and 7th.
4) Ella. This was on PBS's American Masters' website.

"I swear, when she finished you could hear a rat piss on cotton." I need to work that line into more conversations.

No comments: