Saturday, March 11

Destiny!

I love not working. A random set of events led to up to a very sweet old woman giving me 4 moving boxes worth of records. And they are very old records. I kind of recognize some names (Dennis Day, Duke Ellington, Bing Crosby, and things of that era), but the boxes mostly comprise of super old 78s with titles like the Bohemian Polka and the Hawaiian War Chant, etc.

Anyway, just so happens that my record player doesn't play 78s. Sadness. However, happy hour introduced me to a friend of a fiend who just happens to have a record player that plays 78s. There are record listening plans in the works. Happiness.

On a random 78s note - I seem to remember seeing, in movies set in the 50s and 60s, record stores that had little recording booths for people to play music in. I think they would be recorded on 78s. Anyway, record stores should bring back the recording both, but with digital music. People could roll into the store, dig around for music that inspires them, and see if they can work something out in the booth. That sounds like a good time.

2 comments:

emjaro said...

a friend of a fiend, who is the fiend here? 78s bring the people of the world together.

Lazy Toe said...

That would be Jenn's friend. And I would modify your statement to say that "78's bring the weird people of the world together."