Tuesday, March 30

Don’t Want to Hurt No Kangaroo

Ahh, it is good to be back home. It always feels good to sleep in your own bed after 400 miles of exploring, drinking, singing, thinking, yapping, sketching, combing, firing, trespassing, etc.

The beach was fantastic. The rain attacked us as we started our journey, but we made it through all right. There was some hydroplane action and some hairy moments involving semi trucks, but it was a fun drive down regardless. If anything, it gave me a chance to listen to some fantastic music. Dug out some mixed cds I hadn’t heard in a while and listened to a bunch of new cds.

Perfect Driving Moment: Singing along with “The Real Bahamas” as they get down and dirty on Jamaican Christian folk music. All of a sudden the rain cleared up as I rounded a bend in the road. It was then that I was confronted with an amazing view of the water and the sun peeking out of the clouds way over yonder. If I was a god-fearing man, the scene would have confirmed my beliefs. But the searching sinner that is me just smiled and did a lot of reflecting.

“When mother and father forsake me I know
The angel from heaven is calling me home
Thank God I can sing a song of his love
I know that some day I’ll be singing it home.” Real Bahammas

Shatki Goodness

All of our time at the Cove was great. Hung out on the beach, partied well into the night every night, enjoyed an amazing beach fire, and got to hear Jackie play her guitar and sing in that sweet ol’ voice of hers. Went antique shoppin’, dive bar drinkin’, secret tellin’, and sketch festin’. Yeeee Haaawww… what a weekend. Seems like a fitting ending to a crazy fun month.

Sunday was absolutely gorgeous. Spent some time on the beach, dug my feet in the sand (lazy toe, too), chased the Sass (the dog) and took my time driving home. Thought I would take a different route home so I took Highway 6 from the coast to Chehalis. Thought I was doing something new, but it turns out I had been down that same road a few years ago, though I was going a different a direction, both literally and figuratively. Also took a bunch of back roads home. Went through the towns of Yelm, Sammamish, Roy, and Pe Ellum until I made it into Puyallup and onto 167 to Kent.

And now it is back to work. I'm tired. I think I'm going to take it easy this month and do fun home things. Like learn to cook a meal or two, fix up my room, play more music, and maybe even try to paint a picture or two.

“And I’m content to go a little slower, cause there is no where that I really need to be.” Conner Oberst.

No comments: