Sunday, October 10

Kitty-Corner Lesbians

Went to see my folks today and when I pulled up to the house I remembered that a couple of lesbians moved in kitty corner to my parents. They got the big house, the dog, two suvs, and apparently one of them used to be a fire-person. As in someone who fights fires. Not someone who sets them. Anyway, I just think that's pretty cool - a couple of lessies in my parents little Kent neighborhood. It's too cute. And doesn't it seem like lesbians are the pioneers of gayness. Granted, this is a big generalization, but hear me out - they were the subjects of TV shows first, they have better movies about them (Chasing Amy and Bound come to mind), there seem to be more experimental straight gals to..um..play with, they can play professional sports, and they get the big house, the dog, and suvs. And some of them even get to work on their evil father's reelection campaign...

Anyway, not being envious or condescending or anything weird, I just think it's kind of cool.

On a random note, Netflix just delivered a documentary about Ramblin’ Jack Eliot. Me=giddy

Oh, and for all the pioneering done by lesbians, not one has been elected governor of NJ and outed by a scandalous love affair. Way to go gay boys, can't let those gals beat us to everything.

On itunes party shuffle:
John Lennon - Anthology, Disc 3, The Lost Weekend
Women of Sun Records (VA) - Disc 5
Bob Dylan - Freewheelin' Outtakes (bootleg)

Not much of party with that selection of music, but it did make me that much more excited for the Ramblin JE documentary.

No comments: