Sunday, June 13

Dirt Road Blues

There's a cat dying in the woods behind my house. Well, that's what it sounds like at least. Who knows though - weird shit happens in them woods. "MEOOOOWWWW!" "MEEEOOOWWW" Uggg. Sadness.

Today I saw a ridiculous infomercial for some 8 minute workout program and I noticed they frequently used variations of the phrase - "Changed my life." The testimonials were full of it and at one point a lady said "if you want to change your life, just pick up your phone and call our toll free #." Yea, like it's that easy. It's scandaless how they’re hawking simple change. It's amazing to me how people capitalize on discontent and pain. Fucking scoundrels. "It ain't nothing, but a god dam shame is what it is. Oh it ain't nothing but a god dam shame." (confession - listening to Jolie Holland right now.) But seriously though, has anyone met anyone whose life has been changed by something that was being sold on an infomercial? If so, let me know. I'm curious. Oh and I should also confess that I love infomercials. I’ve been watching them since high school. I'm serious. Infomercials and Fox News. You know, the presentation is essentially the same.

Oh and I got a cell phone today. It happened kind of randomly. I went home to see my folks and left with a cell phone. I'm looking forward to not signaling my turns/lane changes while driving and talking.

No comments: