Monday, June 28

Cracked Eggs

Mmmmm........ so...tired.

No sleep last night.

Trying to figure out how I can pack one bag of stuff for a wedding, camping, road trip, and train travel. Not easy, these things. All require different items. Wishing I had an ipod. At least I could cut back on the CDs...

I'm not leaving without the new Wilco album though. Listening to it right now. It's a very pretty thing. Maybe that isn't the best description, but Tweeds' voice just gets me. I love how it cracks. Especially when he's whisping (whispering/singing). Can't decide if the new album is a slightly different version of YHF. Not sure at this point. It has the same kind of vibe. Noises that fade in and out and long (with a big L) instrumental/noise breaks. Just not as much of it though. And there is definitely no "Jesus Don't Cry"s on here. The album is weirdly inspiring though. Before I heard it, I read the lyrics while waiting for a friend at the Hopvine and I definitely imagined the album sounding different than it does. When I listen to it, random sentences stand out for whatever reason.

"what a laugh I was looking for you"

"It's good to be alone"

"I am all emotion"

"I look like someone I used to know"

"I'm assuming you love me and you know what that means"

Blah Blah blah, long story short, I caught myself singing weird things after listening to the album. This is good. Itching for my guitar. And you know what that means.

I won't be able to play for over 2 weeks. Again, this is good. I need a break from all the manic street strumming I've been doing. That sounds worse than it really should. I usually have a good time, but sometimes it's just good to start fresh, I guess.

The sunrise was gorgeous this morning. Haven't seen that in a while. A good way to start any adventure.

No comments: