Friday, April 16

7 Days

Dam this week went by fast. As usual I've been over extending myself and sacrificing the sleep. This weekend will probably be no different. Tonight I'm seeing a concert at the Tractor and tomorrow I have a big ol' family event to go to. Sunday will hopefully be my day of rest, though I've been itching to go to Guitar Center and play around with all their equipment for 4 or 5 hours. My brother and I have a big ol' grudge against that place so I devised a plan that would not only let us get some revenge, but would also be quite fun.

Here is the plan: Enter the store and make our way to from section to section (prioritized by importance to us), play with the most expensive/interesting things we can get our hands on and see how long we can do that for. If no one says anything to us we'll eventually end up in the miscellaneous section - which includes guitar straps, harmonicas, cheap mics, music books, guitar strings, stands, etc. - and ask them to play various harmonicas through that air blower things they use. Petty? Yea, but fun. Hey, I've never played a steel guitar before and I want to dammit. And I really want to get my hands on some nice electric guitars.

Maybe I'll be extra obnoxious and play some shit they probably hear all the time. Rosie worked at a local music store in Kent and said that people would always come in and play some easy Led Zepplin (stairway to heaven) or Pink Floyd (wish you were here) riffs. That all sounds like the equivalent of grocery store shoppers saying "Hey, I guess it's free! HA HA HA HA HA HA....." when their item doesn't ring up. The "......" represents the quick silence that would follow after they saw the steely look in my eyes.

No comments: