Saturday, February 7

Whose that riding? Jonny Revelator.

I should never ever go into Sonic Boom Records - I always end up spending way to much money in that place. But I was walking around Ballard today and sure enough, I wandered on in and left with a bunch of cds. So the one I listened to on the way home, “Oh Holy Fools” by Bright Eyes and Son, Ambulance, unexpectedly opens with this beautiful upbeat piano song. It's a perfect song for car groovin' and car groovin' I did. I had never heard of this Son, Ambulance guy, but he has this fantastically soft voice (as in Nick Drake, Belle and Sebastian) that I completely dig. So yea, it was a good purchase. And then the sun came out as soon as the song started so I took some back roads (aka - the long way) home and enjoyed the scene. It was great drive though it did make me remember how much I miss the sun.

Note: Comments are down for now. Booo...

No comments: