Thursday, December 9

Me=Sick

It's official. I went to the doctor and he told me so.


Bad News - I'm sick (super cough/headache/eye thing), I spent $70 on medicine, and I can't drink this weekend

Good News - I'll be better soon, I learned a ton about the world of nasal sprays, and I've been playing crazy music. Doc probably wouldn't approve of the all the singing and shoutin, but it makes me feel good.

Been listening to a bunch of Jon Wesley Harding lately (the album, not the artist) and I decided that I really need to sing this song. I just want to hear those words coming out of my mouth.

And Bessie Smith seems to be coming up a bunch too and I must say that she really inspires me. She fucking owns her voice. And I guess you'd have to if 90% of your songs had a title that ended with "Blues." You can't mess around with a word like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Bessie Smith too. How bout her song that says something like "whats it to you if my husband beats me and mistreats me". Got to love the 1930's. Jenn

Lazy Toe said...

Hmm, don't know those lyrics, but I wouldn't be surprised about it though. There are lots of stay-out-my-domestic-business-even-if-it's-fucked-up songs. Hank Williams comes to mind. And yea she's always singing about messed up relationships. Maybe that's why she can moan the she does.